Day One Instruction Agenda
Welcome & Introduction
8:30 a.m.–8:45 a.m.
- Purpose of the workshop
- Agenda Review
Introduction to post-PCR cleanup
8:45 a.m.–9:45 a.m.
9:45 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
Using post-PCR cleanup on low level samples: presentation of results
10:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m.
- Fold increase as it relates to volume of amplified product used
- Fold increase as it relates to the number of manual washes used
- Fold increase when using the QIAcube® robot to perform the method
Validation of the post-PCR cleanup system
11:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- What type of validation is required
- Types of samples needed to complete validation
Rules concerning low level samples and CODIS entry
11:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Recent rulings on LCN samples and CODIS
- The importance of processing LCN samples regardless of their admissibility to NDIS
12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
Demonstration of manual post-PCR cleanup
Demonstration of use of QIAcube®
Video Watch Video
Laboratory Exercise – Split into two groups
1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Group 1 - Attendees to perform manual post-PCR cleanup
- Group 2 - Attendees to perform QIAcube® post-PCR cleanup
2:30 p.m.–2:45 p.m.
Laboratory Exercise (continued)
12:45 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Group 2 - Attendees to perform manual post-PCR cleanup
- Group 1 - Attendees to perform QIAcube® post-PCR cleanup
- Groups 1 and 2 - Prepare samples and initiate run of samples on the 3130xl Genetic Analyzer