Home > Assessments
Assessments are available for modules 3–14 and will be released to qualified agency requestors pending AFTE approval. The quizzes are structured to evaluate the learnerís comprehension of course content and provide agency training supervisors with a resource to assess individual progress.
Only those employed by a public crime laboratory in the United States and approved by AFTE are eligible to receive access to testing component. Only training supervisors or managers may request assessment access on behalf of their agency trainee(s).
Assessment Request Process
- Contact AFTE representative Ann Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org to request approved access to the assessment documents. Be sure to include the following information in the request:
- Title Email header “Firearms Assessment Request.”
- Name of laboratory.
- Name of trainee.
- Trainee’s e-mail address.
- Name of trainee’s Supervisor.
- Supervisor’s e-mail address.
- In order to secure the integrity of the assessments, the tests and answer keys have been password protected. Upon approval, the passwords will be provided by AFTE to the requestor.
- Download the assessment documents at: http://projects.nfstc.org/firearms/resources/fir_assessments.htm
- Agency supervisor or their designee should print the assessment and administer the test in a secure, proctored environment.
Each of the assessments consists of twenty multiple choice questions. The difficulty level of the questions is balanced and based on the module subject matter. The examination modules 8–12 may require more time as some questions are based on cumulative knowledge. The time limits are determined by the trainer and need to be communicated to the student and proctor.
Recommended assessment time limits:
- Modules 3, 4, 5, 7 and 14: 20 minutes
- Module 6 and 8–12: 30 minutes